Search This Blog

7.18.2011

How To Execute An Investment Idea

What's the difference between Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and you and me? Other than billions of dollars, they found a passionate idea, and stuck with it throughout their life until it began to pay off. And, boy, did they gave to go through some hard times--do you think it was easy for Bill Gates dropping out of Harvard and living in his parents' basement so he could start a little side business called Microsoft? Do you think that it was easy for Steve Jobs when Apple, the company that he founded, fired him? Lo and behold, years later, he has come back to run the pre-eminent tech company in the world, making billions of dollars per year. Not bad. And I'm sure that you, too, have had a great idea that you never got a chance to fully pursue.

Whether it be for a great business, great website, or great investment, you have probably thought of a great way to make money that you never got a chance to devote enough time to see its success come through to fruition. There is nothing worse than starting to put time into a great idea, only to give up when the day-to-day grind of real life kicks in, and you find yourself no longer able to devote the same kind of time to your side project that you initially thought. Heck, this blog was just a dream in my head for two years before I finally bit the bullet and got it started. I was able to get it going when I promised myself that I would devote one hour of day to writing online, no more and no less, and I would post online whatever it is that I had written in an hour. Be it one post or five, I knew that the only way I could regularly run a website in the way I dreamed would be  if I had the discipline to dedicate a set amount of time to writing each and every day. If you want to read a great post on getting past that initial bout of inspiration and turning it into something real, be sure to check out this post at Money Crush, link here: http://www.moneycrush.com/going-beyond-that-first-burst-of-inspiration/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers