Search This Blog

7.05.2011

Why You Should Never Procrastinate

All About Living With Life put out a good post recently on things to keep in mind in order to increase productivity. My two cents on the subject is this--just do it. I know this is true in my own life--a lot of times, I try and wait for the moment is perfectly right before I begin working on something, and that just leads to me never doing it. I get this idea in my head that 'tomorrow' I can focus, 'tomorrow' I can get it done, 'tomorrow' I can put out an excellent product. But that's not how life works. There's no reason to believe that delaying a task will enable me to do it better in the future, or in some cases, even get the task done. So many people get bogged down thinking about the right mutual funds to buy, the right time to start an exercise routine, the right time to ask a girl out, etc., that it never gets done. I guarantee you that you would be in much better shape if you started investing $300 a month in plain vanilla mutual funds than if you waited a year or two to try and determine the perfect asset allocation. While research and deliberations are important, they shouldn't paralyze you from accomplishing tasks. There's no time to start something like the present, and you should always focus on trying to get things done as soon as possible--I guarantee you that it will lead to a more fulfilling life. To check out the All About Living With Life post, be sure to click here: http://www.allaboutlivingwithlife.com/2011/06/how-to-be-productive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers